Name:

Montana State University-Bozeman English Teaching Minor, History Teaching Major, I plan to student teach Spring '08

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Poetry is the subject of the Poem in...

In my poem, Motive for Metaphor

Stevens uses very descriptive language to describe someone that enjoys being ambiguous in their personality and they are open to the possibilities in their life. As described in class Stevens uses the seasons of fall and spring to describe an interplay between reality and imagination.

The other strong image is that of "The obscure moon lighting an obscure world." When your world view is obscured, you are obscured as well. I also think that the image of the moon at night evokes strong feelings in most peoples' imaginations.

To dress up like a line the poem I would either have three people sitting on a couch. One eating, one drinking, and one sleeping. The other idea I had for the same line was to dress up as a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home